.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s a young people’s settings Essay

My case of a Teaching appurtenant begins at 7.45 am where my colleague and I begin preparation for the trail feed Club. This includes setting step forward t commensurate top activities such as jigsaws, food coloring and ipads. Breakfast Club also has a pool table so I write a weekly rota for this to en original fair play. During breakfast club I encourage the clawren to sit together and eat a healthy breakfast of cereal, toast and choice of fruit juice.I confirm time to sit, chat and precede part in the activities the boorren argon doing which enables me to lick good relationships with the small fryren there. Breakfast Club is new to the school in family pass 2013 so we are currently putting together a surface board which shews role models of the breakfasts, posters designed by the children and pictures of the staff that work there.Then I rack up up 10 minutes in the nursery whole to answer the teacher do some preparation for the day, for example this maybe cover arrows around the vie field for the children to take part in a treasure hunt or preparing pots of paint. We be make up wel succeed the children into class and economic aid them with hanging up coats and bags, comforting whatever that maybe distressed as their coper has left. once they are settled the teacher allow for begin the designate and my role is to help the children take part and sit quietly on the carpet and listen.We then begin our morning activity. I will be asked to take a thin group with me for example to draw an orchard apple tree tree and fix to complete a short assessment on them. For example ask them to draw a tree are they utilize brown for the trunk? Green for the leaves? Can they follow a simplex instructions? Whilst taking part in this activity I knead as frequently of the welsh language as possible e.g.I will ask them the welsh wrangling for the colours we are using. We then head dorsum to the class for see the light up time and snack. ca rdinal mornings I secure the snack of toast and milk. Then 3 mornings I supervise the Reception children on the yard. I tell the children are playing happily with one another and no one is left on their own. Often I bring push by dint of bikes so I vex a timer to provoke sure each child has the a wish amount of time on a bike. Some children may necessity the toilet and I assist in any personal care needs required or if they endure had an accident then I will put gloves on and change the child.Then its back to Nursery class for the second part of the morning which could be songs or story on the carpet where I encourage good session and listening for the teacher. At 11.30 most of the nursery children are getting peaceful so I again help with bags and sing our welsh issue home song.I then make sure the classroom is tidy and take the Reception children over to the main dinner hall for them to have a cooked lunch. Whilst there I make sure each child has a meal, desert and dr ink. I encourage them to eat as much as they retrieve they nominate. If the leave something, for example carrots and will ask that they eat as many as they can.Once the dinner hall is assoil and the tables wiped down I supervise on the main yard with years 1-6. on that point the children will ask me if they wishing to go inside the groom for the toilet or a drink. I will discipline any children that are not acting appropriately I make sure no one is left on their own. Then I take part in encouraging ingenious play by blowing bubbles for the younger children and help with skipping and taking part in any fun games they want to do. If we have any injuries then I take them to the school monument and write in accident book and call the parents if I feel it is necessary.Page 2 Kathryn Di Terlizzi Assignment Unit 332(1.2)For all Teaching Assistant roles there is a set of National Occupational Standards (NOS) set out by each individual school. These NOS offer guidance on wider as pects for workmanlike performance (Burnham 2010 pg 118). They wereset up to realise the potential of all learn support staff whatever their role. (http//www.napta.org.uk/)The standards are statements about(predicate) how tasks should be carried out and the minimum acceptable quality of practice that should be delivered. I have looked closely through the standards and looked at the most important ones to me in my role and given an explanation on each one as follows 301.3 go through legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information including data protective coveringThe Data Protection set of 1998 is designed to ensure that confidential information cannot be passed to others without the individual consent. In my role I am exposed to a great wad of confidential information and I agnise I cannot pass this to anyone. My sons ensure the resembling school so I am often approached by parents at birthday parties asking me how their child is getting on. I recognise the schools confidentiality policy so say sorry I cant contend this outside of school, please tally and see the teacher and discuss on Monday.302.3 Understand school ethos, mission, aims and valuesThe school ethos St Davids papist Catholic Primary School is part of the living presence of saviour in the modern world. Part of our purpose is, by the education, care and protection of our children, to present a model of Christian living that is absolve to all. (https//swansea-edunet.gov.uk/en/schools/StDavids/Pages/Mission_Statement.aspx)I am employed in a Catholic essential school but I am not a Catholic. even daily I embrace the catholic ethos and take part in Mass, Prayers and Religious Education activities. For example October is the month of the rosary Bead. This week we have been acquire about the letter b so to tie in religion I have asked the children to bring in any Rosary Beads they have to show and tell to the class. This builds confidence talking in front ofthe class and brings in the school ethos.303.2 Be able to prepare for learning activitiesBefore the children arrive in the morning the teacher will inform me of what activity I will be doing with them. For example when we were learning about the letter a Mrs Jones asked me to take the children to the field in small groups and draw the apple tree. Preparation is vital for this to ensure it runs smoothly. As erst the children are with me on the field if I have forgotten something for golosh reasons I cannot run back to the class leaving the children. Frustratingly they would have to come back with me which would cut down the activity time.First I tuck the resources I need for the activity, chairs, clipboards, paper, and pencils. Then once my 5 children are flying I make sure if it has been wet they are wearing jackboot boots and coats and hold on to the handrail as they exit the classroom. I make sure they walk carefully in a straight line down the path, closing the nursery do or behind me which has a prophylactic code so no outsider can gain access.Once we have arrived at the field I make sure our agile environment is safe for example by checking for things the children could trip over. Depending on the children I may need to adapt some of the resources for example some children pay off it difficult to press hard with a pencil so I make sure I have other things with me like crayons and matte up tip pens.Page 3 Kathryn Di Terlizzi Assignment Unit 332304.2 Be able to promote positive behaviourIt is imperative in any school for children to have guidelines in school so they have a clear understanding of how to behave in school. Children need to be aware of the boundaries inwardly which to manage their behaviour, so that they understand what is expected of them. (Burnham 2010 pg 58)In our nursery unit we encourage positive behaviour with stars on their jumpers to go home and show their parents. If a child has done something positive like sat rise and li stened to a story we will tell the whole class how happy we are with that child and give them a bigger reward like make them the helpwr y dydd helper of the day.306.2 Understand the impact of prejudice and divergence on children and young peopleChildren can experience prejudice and difference in several ways, religion, ethnicity, sex, body image, disabilities. It will affect their self revere and their learning will almost defiantly be affected. They could be come withdrawn and may not want to attend school. You must ensure your own inbuilt ideas do not affect how you treat children. I have not come across it yet but understand I must always challenge discrimination. It can be promoted in a positive way by posters in school and deli genuinely in guest speakers to talk about their own experiences in a positive way.331.2 Understand the factors that influence children and young peoples using and how these affect practiceThere are personal factors that could influence a childs dev elopment for example their health. We have a child in Year 4 that has a heart problem and has lost a lot of school for operations. This could also affect his social activities for example on the playground. A childs emotional development may also be affected depending on their awareness of their needs and the cessation to which they are affected. It is important that the adults in school are aware of how pupils may be affected by these kinds of conditions so we can support them by ensuring they are included as far as possible. (Burnham 2010 pg 155)External factors can also have a massive affect. Families can go through significant changes through the school years for example separation, bereavement, new partners, house move or changing country. This can affect their ability to learn. Statistics show that children that suffer frompoverty and deprivation are less lightly to spread out and achieve well in school.Some children make personal choices on friendship groups and extra curr icular activities, they may need advice and support from adults to make sure the choices were right for them. Some children may come from a very alternative background such as a home development environment. These children may need some additional support until they become settled. (Burnham 2010 pg 156)There have been a number of theories of development. Many physiologists have different ideas about how children learn. Some think it is infixed and others feel it depends on the opportunities a child has been given, often referred to the nature nurture debate.One of the physiologists Watson believed that we are all innate(p) with the same abilities and anyone can be taught anything and that it does not depend on innate ability but on watching others. His idea of classical teach was born out of Ivan Pavlovs research using dogs. He mention his subjects would salivate before the delivery of food. In a series of experiments he presented a variety of stimuli before the presentation of food, eventually finding that, afterward repeated association, a dog would salivate to the presence of a arousal other than food. He termed this response a conditional reflex. (psychology.about.com)Page 4 Kathryn Di Terlizzi Assignment Unit 332Children that come into nursery are treated the same and assumed at first to have the same abilities. As it becomes unornamented some children need more support than others then the level is identified. take into account bodies are brought in to observe and correct support is implemented.333.4 Understand how to move to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed Possible signs or symptoms that may be cause for concern are Acting out in an inappropriate knowledgeable way with toys or objects decent withdrawn or very clingyBecoming unusually secretiveSudden undetermined personality changes, mood swings and be insecure Regressing to younger behaviours, e.g. bedwettingOutburst of angerNew adult legers fo r body partsTalk of a new, older friend and unexplained money or giftsPhysical signs, such as, unexplained soreness or bruises around genitals or mouth, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy not wanting to be alone with a particular child or young person (http//www.parentsprotect.co.uk/warning_signs.htm)If a child tells me something I should listen and try as best I can to write down word for word what the child is telling me and not question anything they are precept just let them speak. I will then explain to them that I am not able to keep it a secret and I must tell Mrs Jones the teacher. Mrs Jones will then take the relevant action.The UK administration ratified the rule on 16 December 1991. This means that the political relation must make sure that every child in the UK has the rights that are listed in the Convention. The Government can do this by passing laws or by taking other action, including making sure that the rights in the Convention is widely known in the UK.O ne of these points is as follows Protection from violence, exploitation, abuse, drop and maltreatment The Government must make sure you are protected from any type of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse, neglect, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse or exploitation, while you are living with your parents or in the care of anyone else. Special procedures must be set up to help you if you have been the victim of abuse. (http//www.lawstuff.org.uk/the-facts/what-are-childrens-rights)Bibliographywww.teaching-assistants.co.ukwww.napta.co.ukwww.gov.uk/government/publications/nos-for-supporting-teaching-learning Oct 2010 Burnham, L (2010) Support Teaching & encyclopedism in Schools. Published by HeinemannReference ListBurnham, L (2010) Support Teaching & Learning in Schools. Published by Heinemann www.psychology.about.com/od/profilesofmajorthinkers/p/pavlov.htm (accessed on 05/10/2013) http//www.parentsprotect.co.uk/warning_signs.htm (accessed on 05/10/2013 ) http//www.lawstuff.org.uk/the-facts/what-are-childrens-rights (accessed on 05/10/13) https//swansea-edunet.gov.uk/en/schools/StDavids/Pages/Mission_Statement.aspx (accessed 05/10/13) http//www.napta.org.uk/ (accessed 05/10/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment