.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The First Day Of School - 994 Words

Final written exam I wasn’t raised or born in the United States, where I am from we were only learning about the Congo. Now that I have moved here in the United States I started to learn more about what happened here in the United States. I remember not learning anything in junior high, High school and even history 1 because the way my teachers used to teach me I always found it boring. Now that I am in this class all of the sudden history became more interesting because the teacher used our everyday environment, she used the events that were currently happening and tried to tie it back to the old time. As we started on the first day of school I did not think I would learn so much in such a little amount of time. For example , I did not know that the people that make school books doesn’t need a degree , which mean almost anyone can be a member of the school board in Texas. The head of the Texas school board is a dentist, the man does not know how public school function and yet we the peo ple are the one that votes for them. According to the class notes, historian first writes our books and then they go the editor, and then the editor makes content suggestion meaning he wants to hear about what the focus groups will say. Focus groups are religious right, minority, social groups and etc. Those people look for the things that offend them and then they send it back to the editor. The editor then goes back and fix the whole writing without even having the writer’s approval.Show MoreRelatedThe First Day Of School Day709 Words   |  3 Pagesher first day of school. Both parents and the future scholar are beyond excited as they pack a healthy lunch to head out the door. Mother and child review a checklist of needed supplies. Crayons? Check. Pencils? Check. Backpack ready, they head out the door. Besides the jittery nerves of a new experience, the day goes perfectly. The child shares the same experience as the other students, with one minor exception: stopping by the nurse’s office for a â€Å"snack† after recess. Since it’s the first dayRead MoreThe First Day Of School825 Words   |  4 Pagesfoggy Thursday morning, I was up earlier than normal for the first day of school. Hardly any sleep was received throughout the night as the excitement for the next day sat in. The hallway was dark as I made my way to the kitchen. Within the next hour, my life would change drastically. The first day of school can always be problematic. However, the first day of high school is especially hard. Youthful children are always looking up to high school students. They seem like they are so old and mature. ItRead MoreThe First Day Of School Essay968 Words   |  4 PagesThe first day of school has the major influence on the way an individual will eventually turn out in the future. Many actions have occurred in my life long ago; some fail to recall, and some I still clearly remember. I was going into my first school in America. I had moved from Kenya a long distance from the USA in order to link with my family, who had been here for almost 4 years, expecting America would help my future. My father told me It would be better if I go to school here, so I registeredRead MoreThe First Day Of School1013 Words   |  5 PagesThe first day of school has the major influence on the way an individual will eventually turn out in the future. Many actions have occurred in my life long ago, some fail to recall, and some I still clearly remember. I was going into my first school in America. I had moved from Kenya, a long distance from the USA in order to link with my family, who had been here for almost 4 years, expecting America would help my future. My father told me It would be better if I go to school here, so I registeredRead MoreThe First Day Of School1588 Wo rds   |  7 Pagesbreath I managed to take, but with anxiety and fear. Unlike my roommates, I’d already been through the usual chaos that preceded that day— the last minute packing, labeling all those new binders like voids waiting to be filled with overwhelming homework assignments, and the running around for this and that two weeks ago. Contrary to popular opinion, the first day of school isn’t as bad as everyone makes it seem. For me the anticipation, the glow, the joy, and the eventual let down when it’s over are allRead MoreThe First Day Of School1000 Words   |  4 PagesIt s the first day of school. Finally here, after the long, hot, steamy days of summer. Its finally time to settle down and focus on my studies. When I woke up early I jumped out of the bed. I opened the blinds and sprinted my way to the bathroom. Normally I would not be so ecstatic for school, but it s something about this year that really makes me ready. As I went in the bathro om, I noticed it was still dark outside. It was 6:00 in the morning. I should have not gotten up that early. But I dismissedRead MoreThe First Day Of School946 Words   |  4 Pages On the first day of school I was in a class full of students. Oh, I hated my first day of classes very much because I could not handle the thought of having to introduce myself to everyone especially with the problem I had. I sat there nervously as I observed the others confidently and happily introducing them self to the audience. I just had the urge to slip under my chair and just hide there until I could escape my turn. Unfortunately, I could not avoid my turn and ended up introducing myselfRead MoreMy First Day At School837 Words   |  4 Pagesand could open my eyes fully. I hear my mom yell get up it’s your first day of school. I Got up took a shower, got dressed, ate my breakfast, and I was out the door on my way to school. I live in Ohio where it usually rains a lot and today it was a ve ry sunny beautiful day. I got to school. It was my first day of middle school. I was very excited. This day was gonna be a great one. I didn’t know were my first class but I knew my first period class was with Andrew a good friend of mine who I have knownRead MoreMy First Day Of School1682 Words   |  7 Pagesyour day off with a two mile walk in the heat. Finally, you get to the small, one room schoolhouse, and it has no air conditioning. Everyone around you is so much taller than you, meaning they are probably a lot older than you as well. The teacher looks at you and tells you to take a seat, but all you want to do is turn around and be anywhere else but there. Seems a little scary, right? Well this is how my grandma’s first day of school went. This is nothing like a typical first day of school for kidsRead MoreMy First Day Of School838 Words   |  4 PagesIt was sunny Monday morning, soon to be my first day of school. I remember having a mild anxiety. I found myself swept away by fear as I approach the main entrance. The thought of leaving my home to acquire education seemed like nonsense for my 4 years old self. Since it was my first day of school my parents had to stay with me to make me comfortable. Being nervous, I passed through the main entrance. I saw a couple of kids playing with their small trucks in the playground and others were running

No comments:

Post a Comment